Terms of Service
plnia API Terms of Service
By using a plnia API within a software application, website, or product you create or a service you offer designed to provide access to a plnia service or application (an “Application“), you are agreeing to these terms (“API Terms“) with plnia (“plnia“, “we“, “us“, or “our“). You represent and warrant tools us that you have the authority to accept these API Terms on behalf of yourself, a company, and/or other entity, as applicable. If additional terms (“Additional Terms“) apply to a plnia API, both these API Terms and the Additional Terms (collectively, “Terms“) will apply to your use of the plnia API. If a conflict arises between the Terms, the Additional Terms will prevail. As used in these API Terms, “plnia API” means any form of machine accessible application programming interface that provides access to a plnia service and any associated tools, including sample code that enables interactions with plnia’s services, and documentation that plnia makes available under these Terms, and includes all elements, components and executables of such API. We may change, amend or cancel these Terms at any time. Your use of the plnia API after the changes become effective means you agree to the new Terms. If you do not agree to the new Terms, you must stop using the plnia API.
Licenses and Guidelines
plnia API License
Subject to your compliance with these API Terms, plnia grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, revocable license to install, use, and make calls to plnia APIs to develop, test, and support your Application, and allow end users to use your integration of plnia APIs within your Application. You may use the plnia APIs only as expressly permitted in these API Terms.
plnia API Guidelines
When using the plnia APIs, you may not:
- Use a plnia API in a way that could impair, harm or damage plnia, any plnia service or application, or anyone’s use of a plnia API, service or application;
- Use a plnia API to disrupt, interfere with, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to services, servers, or networks connected to or which can be accessed via the plnia API;
- Use a plnia API or allow any end user to use the Application in a way that violates applicable law, including:
- Illegal activities, such as child pornography, gambling, piracy, violating copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws.
- Intending to exploit minors in any way.
- Accessing or authorizing anyone to access the plnia API from an embargoed country.
- Threatening, stalking, defaming, defrauding, degrading, victimizing or intimidating anyone for any reason.
- Violating applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble plnia APIs, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
- Use plnia APIs in any way that threatens the integrity, performance or reliability of plnia APIs or any plnia product or service, including performance or stress testing, or in any manner that works around any technical limitations in plnia APIs;
- Request from a plnia API more than the minimum data that your Application needs to offer the customer the intended Application functionality;
- Request from a plnia API any information outside any permissions granted by the user of your Application, if a plnia API requires permissions;
- Redistribute or resell or sublicense access to any plnia service or content; or
- Falsify or alter any unique referral identifier in, or assigned to an Application, or otherwise obscure or alter the source of queries coming from an Application.
You warrant that your Application has been developed to operate with plnia API content in a secure manner. Your network, operating system and the software of your servers, databases, and computer systems (collectively, “ Systems”) must be properly configured to securely operate your Application and store content collected through your Application (including the plnia API content). Your Application must use reasonable security measures to protect the private information of your users.We may use technology to detect, prevent or limit the impact of any issues caused by your Application (before or instead of suspension of your access). This may include, for example, filtering to stop spam or limiting your access to the plnia API.You must have a process to respond to any vulnerabilities in your Application.
End User Information
Changes to plnia APIs
We may change some or all of the plnia APIs at any time. We may release subsequent versions of the plnia APIs and require that you use those subsequent versions. Your continued use of the plnia APIs following a subsequent release will be deemed your acceptance of modifications.
You may be given access to certain non-public information, software, and specifications relating to the plnia API (“ Confidential Information”), which is confidential and proprietary to plnia. You may use Confidential Information only as necessary in exercising your rights granted under these API Terms. You may not disclose any Confidential Information to any third party without plnia’s prior written consent. You agree that you will protect any Confidential Information from unauthorized use, access, or disclosure in the same manner that you would use to protect your own confidential and proprietary information.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THE plnia APIS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT USE OF THE plnia APIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT WE PROVIDE plnia APIS ON AN “AS IS” BASIS “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAW, WE EXCLUDE ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING FOR MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU MAY HAVE CERTAIN RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAW. NOTHING IN THESE API TERMS ARE INTENDED TO AFFECT THOSE RIGHTS, IF THEY ARE APPLICABLE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT COMPUTER AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS ARE NOT FAULT-FREE AND OCCASIONAL PERIODS OF DOWNTIME OCCUR. WE DON’T GUARANTEE plnia APIS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT CONTENT LOSS WON’T OCCUR.YOU MAY BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR SERVICES VIA plnia APIS; YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH WEBSITES OR SERVICES OR CONTENT THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE THERE.
We may immediately terminate or suspend these API Terms, any rights granted herein, and/or your license to the plnia APIs, in our sole discretion at any time, for any reason. You may terminate these API Terms at any time by ceasing your access to the plnia APIs. Upon termination, all licenses granted herein immediately expire and you must cease use of the plnia APIs. Neither party will not be liable to the other for any damages resulting solely from termination of these API Terms.
These Terms (including the API Terms and any Additional Terms) and any documents incorporated into these Terms by reference, constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding the plnia APIs and supersede all prior agreements and understandings, whether written or oral, or whether established by custom, practice, policy or precedent, with respect to the subject matter of these Terms. If any provision of these Terms is found to be illegal, void, or unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be modified so as to render it enforceable to the maximum extent possible.